Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 4 January 2010

Wallpaper of the Week - Frosty Morning 2010


2010, Happy New Year !

It was difficult not to reflect back this New Years Eve to the Millennium and the amazing time that I had with my then newly acquired boyfriend, now Husband of 6 years in the sunny heat of Thailand. The climate was a bit different 10 years on, although spending NYE on the 'English Riviera' (always makes me chuckle, aka Torquay) was slightly warmer than the cold frosty weather that greeted me for the first school run of 2010.

As I drove my defrosted car, laden with small people bundled in coats, mittens, Father Christmas hats (he's become rather attached to it and it was easier to just go with it !) through the dark with the head lights glistening on the frosty roads and trees, I was reminded of the inverse print of one of the Cole and Son prints that I am continually looking to squeeze into designs.

No doubt you'll have seen this paper around in its original black-on-white colourway. Researching this morning, I didn't realise just how many variations they actually run, anything from reds and gold to various shades of beige. I'm sticking to the basics with my recommendation and this charcoally grey with frosted trees as it focuses on the pattern without overpowering with colour. Very adaptable and suitable for use as a neat little feature wall wherever takes your fancy from living room to downstairs loo and anywhere in between....

...wrap up warm and drive carefully..


No comments:

Post a Comment