Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 30 April 2012

Wallpaper of the Week - Lacarno by Harlequin


An example this week of what a bit of marketing photography and room styling can do to influence your decision on selecting a wallpaper.

I recently had a meeting with my Harlequin rep and was flicking through the very lovely, very Harlequinny Folia Collection, when I came across the sheet showing the above wallpaper 'Uh, I'm not sure on that' was my initial response. I then turned the page and saw this image of it 'in real life' and my opinion was very quickly changed.

I think the way that the white background in the paper lightens the room, which could have felt quite dark with the stone flooring is fantastic. The liberal use of white paint obviously helps this matter, but if the paint had been slapped on everywhere then this lovely character and feel wouldn't come across.

The clever blend of colours within the wallpaper still gives scope for numerous complementary colours and doesn't limit you - something to be avoided in a busy area such as a hallway as there are always items left there that aren't part of the 'plan'.

If anyone would like a sample then please feel free to get in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment