Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 26 October 2009

Wallpaper of the Week - Vivienne Westwood Cut Out Lace


http://www.cole-and-son.com/collection_detail.asp?collectionid=116
I know its a while since I've done a wallpaper of the week so I thought it was time to update you on a new range that I have fallen in love with !

I made the mistake of discovering that there is now a direct train from MK to the Design Centre at Chelsea Harbour - its one of my favourite places, I just get all dizzy and excited with the sheer volume of scrumptious fabrics, delicious wallpapers and don't even get me started on the trims ! If you haven't been I'd definately recommend it as its open to the public Monday to Friday - its just where do you start ?

I started with my favourite wallpaper showroom - Cole and Son - I needed to place the order for the flamingo's ! I was on the hunt for a paper to go behind an upholstered headboard to make a feature wall in a master bedroom - in my mind this had always been a dark paper, taupe, chocolate, coffee ...for no particular reason it just had been. I was so focused on the pink birds that it wasn't until I was walking out of the showroom on a mission to visit Romo fabrics and match some linen's that the Vivienne Westwood Cut Out Lace literally made me stop in my tracks !

I have searched and searched for an image of this paper that does it justice and I'm afraid that the ones I have shown just don't show it off to its lushest ! (On the advert above its the second dress in) As soon as I have it in situ I'll post a photo in the meantime the link above will probably be your best bet.

Its called 'Cut Out Lace' and is available in 3 colourways, Charcoal Black, Off White Linen (shown above) and Ecru and Taupe. The design was apparently first used in her Spring-Summer '07 I Am Expensiv collection, developed from a fragment of antique lace. Despite searching for a darker paper I was instantly drawn to the Off White Linen that had a full wall of the showroom dedicated to it.

The colours and shades representing the lace, give the paper a depth and texture that is almost 3D. From some lights the overall feeling is that this is quite a light coloured paper with a few darker accents but from other angles you almost feel yourself getting sucked in ! It was love at first sight. I did the usual, spend the rest of the day trying to find an alternative but there was nothing for it ...decision made !

...sorry I know its just a wallpaper, I'll shut up and go and do some measuring up or something !

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete