Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Friday 9 July 2010

Trying to help make things a little bit better....


I prefer not to think about it. I try to deny its existence. I can shut it out of my mind and pretend that it doesn't, hasn't and won't affect my life. But in reality, just like everyone else there is no hiding from this monster.

I'm a Mummy, I'm expected to fix things and put things right, make things better...but this eludes me. I can't bring back my Grandparents, I can't bring back my children's Grandpa.

My feeble attempt to make a difference, to try and help make things a little bit better is to go for a walk, a 10 mile walk. At midnight - well I'd probably end up getting up in the middle of the night anyway to find a missing teddy (or a missing wellie boot...but thats a whole different story).

I've got a t-shirt and a note to say that I could get it personalised...."I'm walking for ..." well lets just say I'd didn't know where to start. Its too big for my liking, too real. I've left it too late to get my personalisation done (and to start training), but I have decided who I'm walking for. I'm walking for GB, Small1 and Small2, my 'happy little family', my responsibility. If me walking can raise a little bit of money to help another little family like ours have some happy times when things are tough then I feel its definitely worth doing.

The last time I did a sponsored anything was in the final year at secondary school - a sponsored 24hr famine. I ate a crisp, a monster munch and caved in. I can't cave in on this as I have to make it back to the car, to make it home to check that there are no stray teddies or wellies. I have to help that Mummy when she needs to try and make things better for her little family.

If you could please spare some money, I am walking for Willen Hospice in Milton Keynes on Saturday 17th July.

http://www.justgiving.com/sarahbarnes01

Thank you very much x

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good on you. You'll make a big difference to lots of people, doing something as simple as walking. Being a happy family is one of those simple pleasures we often forget to celebrate.
    If you want to guest at support4women.net about your experiences please get in touch. You've lots to share :)

    ReplyDelete