Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Thursday 22 July 2010

Wallpaper of the Week - Songbird by Anna French
















As part of 'Big Plan' (more details to follow) I have been researching a few new trade accounts to set up. To my delight I stumbled across a beautiful range of wallpapers that has such amazing finishes from flocked to a tarnished foil that actually gives a mirrored look !! (Wallpaper does have an odd effect on me, its quite bizarre, when I discover a new range I'm like a kid in a toy shop - I found them on Tuesday morning and have been trying to grab a second ever since to look into them further !)

The range is from Anna French (a division of Thibaut) and is called 'Wild Flora'. If you're not a floral fan don't be put off by the name - its not all flowers ! Anyway, I'm going to stretch this one out and stick to delivering what the title states - 'A' Wallpaper of the Week.

The first one that I have chosen (that's a lie Small1 chose it as I was torn between two) is called Songbirds. I have to admit that it was the finish rather than the design that initially caught my eye. The image above shows it in 'Gold on Tarnished Foil' however, there are seven versions available ranging from 'Grey Pencil on White' to 'Gold on Purple'. Just flicking through the different colours shows how a completely different effect can be achieved by changing the base colours and textures, if you didn't know that they had the same pattern, you probably wouldn't link them together.

This range of finishes also has a range of price tags - ranging from around £60 up to £80 a roll - its not cheap but its very beautiful and doesn't deserve to be hidden away - if you are going to spend on what could be a considered a work of art it needs to be hung where it can be admired. I'd love to see it in an entrance hall sitting behind a classic console table.

Be warned, this range has really got to me, and its so diverse due to the range of patterns and effects that you're going to be seeing a lot more of it over coming weeks !

No comments:

Post a Comment