Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 29 June 2009

WEEK 4 - WALLPAPER OF THE WEEK





This week I have been looking for a wallpaper for a 'Fairy Princess Bedroom'. My Small2 has her first birthday this week and I have to admit that I have been looking forward to creating a little girl's room since we found out that the bump was a 'she'. There are literally hundreds of specially designed children's wallpapers featuring fairies, princesses, stars, spots etc etc and butterflies ... I'm sorry but I just don't get butterflies I think I'd be trying to squat them - anyway, personal preferences and all that ...back to business.


The paper that I have chosen above is actually a "sugar pink flock on a pale opal base" and it has a shimmer (If only I could get a touchy feely blog to let you all see it in real life). probably not what you would first think of for a small girls bedroom, but place it on a feature wall with a soft pink and neutral colour on the other walls. Add in white painted furniture (I'm loving the sleigh bed in Aspace), a sparkly chandlier, some floaty white curtains, a pretty pink and white bed throw and some shimmery cushions.


Hmmm... Small2 will probably request 'Teletubbies' and I'll have to move into that room instead - shame !

No comments:

Post a Comment