Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 6 July 2009

WEEK 5 - WALLPAPER OF THE WEEK

Taylor and Wood - Frames by British Design Talent

Something a bit different this week - I first saw this paper a few years ago and I still think its such a great original idea. Basically the paper is white but covered with back-to-back picture frames just waiting for budding artists to fill them with whatever design they like. Slight concern, especially living with a 3 year old, is how you would tell a small person they could draw on this wall but not others, but hey a small price to pay for what would end up looking like an amazing display of bespoke original artwork !


Where would it go ? More like where wouldn't it go ? I'd choose hallway (who needs a visitors book when they can leave a comment of a different kind) a downstairs toilet (for a bit of graffiti like the old school toilets) or a family room / play room somewhere where the personality of the house can really shine through.


I'm getting all excited about it - you could have a wallpaper / house warming party and get all the guests to fill a box with a drawing or bring something to stick in it. You could simply add photos...ooh the possibilities are endless !


1 comment:

  1. I also saw this wallpaper a couple of years ago and was very impressed - such a great idea - I think the downstaiurs loo is perfect - people can doodle in private after some contemplation - and it would build up into a really original artwork. If I had my own study then I would definately have something like this as I am a big doodler and list maker - but I may need to repaper every couple of months!!!

    ReplyDelete