Please take a look at www.ivyhouseinteriors.co.uk for details of who we are and what we do

Monday 27 July 2009

WEEK 8 - WALLPAPER OF THE WEEK



Woah there Mrs B - I've just taken us all on a dizzy trip back to the year of my birth! I thought I'd go for a complete change, something to wake us up on this grey Monday morning (just). Yep its retro and its orange ...and I'm back there in 1980 with our orange washing up bowl, brown kitchen tiles and avocado bathroom suite. But this is bringing it right into 2009.

I would go dining room with this one, on one wall, with dark brown wooden furniture, if you can source it then you want the real thing, 1970's originals. I've gone dining room rather than living room as you don't want too much else in there to around it and dining rooms do tend to be rooms that we are better at not cluttering. You can tone it down by using it alongside a very neutral scheme letting the wallpaper do the talking or you can complement it by adding accessories (as shown in the picture) to highlight it further.

Not for the faint hearted, not for a period home, but if you're brave enough its going to look fab !

No comments:

Post a Comment